Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to the bubble

After a long summer of working at the Kiwi Supermarket, hosting wonderful Kenyans, spending time with great friends and having a whole apartment usually more or less to myself, I am back at Hald! All though summer has been pretty all right, I am very excited to be back in my favourite international bubble. It's been a few days and I am definitely settling in an feeling just as comfortable as I did last year.

I have met lots of last years' students, who drop by whenever they're in the area. I like that, so any former Hald student who is reading this: please plan to be in the area sometime during this fall, yeah? Good stuff! Also it's great to be back together with the teachers and of course the lovely ladies; Mesh and Elisabeth!

(Elisabeth in the middle)

              (Mesh)                  
There are also two very new assets to our brilliant team of ettårings. They're fun, they're continental and they're definitely Hald material: they are Zsofia from Hungary and Maybrit from Germany!

 
(Zsofia)

      (Maybrit)         

Us five chicks have really hitted off, and it has been great to spend a few days together with them, all of us getting to know each other and working out the team dynamics before the students arrive.

But more than anything I am thankful to be regaining the "Hald mentality". After a summer consisting mostly of working, going to the cinema, drinking coffee and watching TV, I have noticed how I adjust to Norwegian conditions very quickly, and I don't like it. And so I could not be happier to be back to morning devotions, political debates going on untill midnight and a million cultural codes.

All together, life is good and God is great!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that last avsnitt really kinda wakes me up... I don't want to adjust either! (But I'm doing just the same things as you were doing, APART from going back to Hald to be re-adjusted. )
    Du er så flink til å skrive, Kristina!
    :O

    ReplyDelete